12.18.2007

"Expecting" the unexpected



The day before Thanksgiving, I got the most unexpected news. It came in the form of two lines beaming from the pregnancy test I had just taken. Since pregnancy was not something Andy and I were "working" towards - this was easily the biggest surprise of my life.

Many of you know Andy and my struggle with infertility and our long journey to conceive our baby girls through in vitro fertilization. Getting pregnant on our own was not something I thought was possible, especially not as a surprise. But, I guess this means we serve a BIG God. One who knows what he's doing, even when we don't.

I went to the doctor last week and learned that I was already 9 weeks along. We're expecting just ONE baby (thank you, God!), who is due July 18, 2008.

Andy and I have always dreamed of a big family. We had no idea how we were going to achieve this dream, other than trust in God to guide and direct us in the process.

Right now, I'm most thankful that he has spared us from the anxiety and uncertainty of infertility treatments and given us this amazing miracle.

I've had days since we received our news, that I've felt very overwhelmed at the idea of three kids, ages two and under. But, I know this is God's best plan for our life. And just as in the past, he'll give us everything we need to do it.

Enjoy the ultrasound pic of our little peanut. It was so cool to see the heartbeat, and already see the face, arms and legs - even though he/she is just the size of a grape right now. We WILL find out the sex of the baby - I can't handle the wait. That will probably happen sometime in March.

I'll keep you updated on all things Keller Baby No. 3!

11 comments:

Two Kids and a Mommy said...

I am beyond excited for you guys. I understand those overwhelming thoughts. You are a WONDERFUL mom....so attentive and loving towards your girls. Your biggest struggle will be finding enough time in the day to cuddle and love all three of them the same.....but I know you will do this with perfection.What a great God we serve.

Christina said...

Praise God. This brought me to tears. I am so happy for you guys (beyond words - again still in tears). God blesses us in amazing ways. Your little girls will be such great big sisters and you are such a great mom you will make an amazing transition to three. Praise God for his goodness!!!!

houseofeling said...

No way, shut up, you did not just post that!!!! This is simply amazing news and I'm so excited for all four of you! I totally see you guys with a big family, and so does GOD!

We serve an awesome GOD! Congrats! Let the fun begin, I'm placing my chips that you get a little "Andy" this time....

Doll House said...

We are so excited for your family!! What a blessing that you were able to do this on your own!! Please let us know if you need help with anything - even a play date so mom can get some sleep!!

Anonymous said...

I guess your blog will now need to read 'Keller Family FIVE!!!' I am so excited for you guys. Another precious baby for Auntie Kara to love! God continues to amaze me everyday and your new little miracle is one more way He shows me just how awesome He is. I love you guys and can't wait to see you again in April.

BlondesPoopMascara.blogspot.com said...

Even though we have already shared our enthusiasm, we'll do it here in cyberspace too! Can't wait to meet #5! What a swimmer! Congrats!![Ah]

Traci V said...

We are so happy for your family. What an amazing God and journey He has planned for your life. We will be here for you during the ride.

The Liller Family said...

It's good to see the news in print now! ;o) Congrats again - we're so thrilled for you! I have to agree with everyone else - you're an amazing mom and those girls are going to be WONDERFUL big sisters!!!

Hoosier Hoffmans said...

Congratulations!!! How awesome is our God! I am so very happy and excited for you guys!!!!

Little Smiths said...

This is probably completely out of the blue for you to hear from me, but I LOVE following your family!! I can't remember how I found your blog...myspace or something? Anyway- I am so happy for you!!! We are expecting our second too in March- they'll only be 15 mos apart (but we didn't have twins the first time!). I feel your anxiety! Anyway- just wanted to say congratulations!
Hillary (McGinley) Smith

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jenni! Experiencing the pain of infertility allows me to know exactly the kind of overwhelming joy you are feeling. I'm so happy for you. I am praying for an easy, healthy pregnancy for you...and a miracle of God of this sort in my own life.
(Side note, "surprise" pregnancies result in boys more than half the time, so you may get a brother for your beautiful girls.)
Amber (Dye) Hawkins