12.21.2006

Ready for Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is on Monday! Does anyone else think that's crazy? Regardless of the "sneaking upon" of the season, I'm so excited about it. Believe it or not, I've had all my shopping done for about a week now. I had so much fun wrapping the gifts and I love the way a tree looks with tons of gifts piled under it.

I tried to get some artistic shots of the girls gazing at the Christmas lights, but they weren't in the artistic mood. Oh well, maybe some other time.

The girls turned 12 weeks on Tuesday. They are so smiley and talkative. I love it. The other night my parents were watching them and when I went to get them around 9pm, they were both talking up a storm to them. They must be night owls like mommy. Although they're pretty happy in the morning, too. Actually, they're pretty happy all the time, except when they're hungry or getting tired.

Jillian is still more social than Lauren. Jillian will watch me walk all around the room, just waiting for me to say something to her so she can flash me a beautiful smile. Lauren is very expressive and has recently discovered her hands. When she gets excited she not only smiles, but kicks her legs and swings her arms.

Lauren's other amazing talent is the ability to make huge green boogers. Sometimes we suction them out and other times she sneezes them out and they land in all kinds of amazing places, mostly her pajamas. They gross Andy out, but I think it's hilarious and Andy's response only adds to the humor of it all.

As far as sleep goes, they will give us a 5-hr stretch at night. I've read that six hours is technically sleeping through the night. Which seems a little strange to me. I got a kick out of the authors response to her pediatrician when she learned this fact in a book I'm reading about surviving the first year with twins. She said, "I looked at her like she had told me Christmas was going to be off for the next seven years. When I finally regrouped, I said, 'So...you mean...if she falls asleep at 9pm and wakes up at 3am, she has technically slept through the night?' She answered, "Yes." I think my exact response was 'Well, that's crap!'"

I echo her response wholeheartedly, but Andy and I have worked out a nifty system that allows us both to get 8+ hours of sleep each night - and no, it doesn't involve bottle props.

So, life is good. So good, in fact, that I can truly say I've never been happier or more excited to celebrate Christmas. That's a good feeling.

No comments: