2.13.2008

Menu Monday (on Tuesday)

It's only week two, and I already missed my deadline for Menu Monday. But, with the move, my timing for starting this new menu venture probably wasn't the best.

So, in honor of all you blog readers who share my great intentions, but are just a tad short on time, this recipe is for you.

It's like a taco in a skillet... tortillas and all. I actually made it for dinner tonight and it was pretty tasty.

I got this recipe from Kraft Foods. I get their free quarterly magazine "food & family" and I highly recommend it. You can sign up to receive it on their website. Just choose "Sign-in" and create an account, then while filling out your profile, you have the option to sign up for "food & family."

Quick-Fix Beef Burrito Skillet


1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
Jenni's tip: I get extra lean ground beef and add a little extra virgin olive oil while browning, it's a much healthier fat and adds a little bit more flavor to the meat
1 pkg taco seasoning packet
1 can (19 oz) kidney beans (I used pinto), drained, rinshed
1 cup salsa
1 cup water
4 flour torillas, cut into 1" squares
1 cup shredded cheese (your pick, I used cheddar)

Garnish (optional):
Sour cream
Green onion
Avocado (my fave!)
Lettuce
Tomatoes

Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.

Add seasoning, beans, salsa and water; stir. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min.

Stir in tortillas; top with cheese. Cover; let stand 5 min. or until cheese is melted. Top with your choice of garnish(es).

No comments: