3.15.2007

Gag me with a diaper!

Last week, Jillian randomly threw up and then went on with the day as if nothing was wrong. I chalked it up to acid reflux and thought nothing of it until Thursday afternoon when I was feeding the girls and Jillian had a dirty diaper that smelled like nothing I've ever smelled before. While Jillian rid her body from one end, Lauren rid hers from the other. Friday morning, she woke up and vomited in her bed. Lauren didn't stop vomiting until Monday afternoon and I can't tell you how many diapers, pajamas and sheets we've gone through while facing this vicious bug.

I'm 99% confident it was the Rotavirus and let me tell you, it's not for the faint of heart.

Even today (a week later), they are still dirtying diapers and recovering from lost appetite and painful diaper rashes.

Mommy has about lost her sanity in the process, but I feel that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have to thank my friends and family for their help and encouragement. Especially my friend Melissa, who today gave me permission to stop being so hard on myself about trying to be a supermom/wife in the midst of it all. I really needed to hear that.

I snapped a few pictures of the sickies over the weekend. It was really so pathetic. Lauren especially. She would just lay in her swing and moan. They love their Praise Baby DVD and watched it about 10 times, since it was about all they and I were up for.

That's about all I have to report. I'm hoping that we'll be close to normal again by the end of the weekend. I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

houseofeling said...

oh Jenny,
I've so been there about 3 weeks ago...I know how rough it can be. Take some time, regroup, and then start a marathon session of laundry...I think I had like 7 loads in one day! Ah, the joys of motherhood.

The Ingraldi Family said...

Poor girls, poor mommy. I feel for ya. You can tell from their pictures that they feel terrible. There is nothing worse than seeing your child(ren) sick. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. Hang in there.

Christina said...

I am so sorry your little girls have been so sick. That is just aweful to not be able to do anything to make it go away. You are a great mom and they are so lucky to have you to love them.