8.15.2007

Finger Foods


Since about the time we returned home from our trip in North Dakota, Lauren has decided she no longer wants mommy to feed her from the spoon. A product of teething, I'm almost sure of it.

That means, these girls are almost exclusively eating table food. Jillian will still let me feed her a little bit, so she gets her fruit and veggies that way, since she can't pick stuff up yet as well as Lauren. They also will eat a little bit of YoBaby yogurt from a spoon, but that's about it.

Their current favorite foods include: turkey meatballs (a great recipe, I'm happy to share), ditallini pasta (perfect size and shape) with parmesan cheese and/or cream cheese, bread, wheat tortillas with melted cheddar, grapes, bananas, peas, carrots, graham sticks, beans (black, pinto), bagels with cream cheese, cheese cubes and of course, Cherios!

2 comments:

Mackey Family said...

YUMMY IN THE TUMMY. I think your girls are the first babies that I have seen that will eat beans at that age.I know its healthy.I'm sure it makes for a wonderful scent afterwards.Your doing a great job keeping my cousins healthy.Love Tammy

The Liller Family said...

They're growing up so fast!!! I can't believe they'll be 1 soon! The turkey meatballs sound delicious - I'll take the recipe if you're really willing to share - my kids could use a few new choices to eat!