3.03.2008

Menu Monday

For this week of Menu Monday, I'm going to post another Keller Family stand-by. In fact, I always keep these ingredients on hand, because it's easy, yummy and quick.

This is a recipe my mom made for us growing up. I think it's best served with corn bread.

This is a great "red" chili recipe, but if you prefer the "white" variety - I recently discovered the McCormick seasoning packet for White Chicken Chili. I think all you need for this recipe is the seasoning packet, water, white beans (your choice) and a 1lb of chicken. It's delicious served with fresh cilantro, avocado and sour cream.

Sorry, no picture this week.

Chicken Chili

1lb Chicken breast, cut in 1" cubes
1 tsp. minced garlic
2 Tbs. Olive oil
28oz stewed tomatoes, undrained
14oz pinto beans, rinsed and drained
2/3 cup salsa
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. cumin

Heat olive oil in medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and chicken chunks and cook until your chicken is no longer pink.

Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Seriously, that's it!

1 comment:

houseofeling said...

are you taking Menu Monday request? If so, I would like to request the recipe to the chicken enchilada's you made me....with the green sauce. That was amazing!