3.10.2008

Menu Monday

You know that friend Emily I mentioned before? I made this recipe for her when she had her newest baby, Nola. She made a special request for the recipe, making it my first official Menu Monday request! So, I'm happy to oblige.

These have a different flavor, because of the green salsa, garlic and fresh herbs. I nice change from the typical red tomato salsa enchilada.

Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde


1 c. Salsa Verde
1/4 c. Fresh Cilantro
1/4 c. Fresh Parsley
1 Tb. Lime juice
2 Cloves Garlic
2 c. Chopped cooked chicken
3/4 c. Mozzarella
6 Flour tortillas (6" or 8" size)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place salsa, cilantro, parsley, lime juice and garlic in a food processor. Cover and blend for 30 seconds. Reserve 1/2 of this mixture.

Mix the remaining salsa mixture with the chicken and 1/4 c. of the cheese.

Spoon 1/4 c. chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll and stack seam-side town in a baking dish.

Pour reserved salsa over tortillas, followed by remaining cheese.

Bake uncovered 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!

2 comments:

houseofeling said...

oh you so are my hero! I'm totally making this later this week. I seriously think about it all the time when I get hungry and wish I could make it! Love you!

The Ingraldi Family said...

It sounds wonderful and minus the cheese I can enjoy it! (Ava has a milk sensitivity.)