3.17.2008

Menu Monday

I just returned yesterday afternoon from working on the team for the Discipleship Walk (a weekend retreat our church puts together). For our team dinner on Thursday night, we had soups and salad.

I brought Chicken Tortilla Soup - a recipe I got from Andy's aunt, Sharon Keller, up in North Dakota. She makes it for us nearly every trip and I was so shocked to learn just how simple it is to make. And boy is it tasty. Enjoy!

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Fiesta Nacho soup
1 can Enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot - your choice)
2 cups cooked chicken, cut in cubes or shredded
2 soup cans milk

Open cans and mix together in a medium saucepan. Use empty soup can to measure milk - stir well and heat through - about 20 minutes.

Serve with tortilla chips, cheese and sour cream.

Chicken prep: When I made this for our retreat, I poached chicken breasts in chicken broth, let them cool and then shredded the meat.

Milk note: You can use skim milk to save on fat and calories, but I think it affects the flavor - It tastes much better even if you just use 2% milk.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

This is our family favorite!!!

The Liller Family said...

I didn't know that was one of the soups you made!!! Wow, now I'm even more blessed cuz' I totally forgot to ask who made that one and how to get the recipe - ask and ye shall receive!!! Thanks Jenni!