6.10.2008

Menu Monday - Ode to Saugutuck

This is a cute little recipe I saw in one of the tour books we had on our anniversary trip. I've not tried it, but it seemed like a winner.

Now that strawberries are back in season, this sounded extra yummy for spreading on breakfast breads, bagels or any other carb you can think of.

Strawberry Butter

1 pint strawberries (stems trimmed)
1 c butter (soft)
1/2 c confectioners sugar

Throw it all in a food processor to blend.

I'm almost 100% sure it said 1/2 c confectioners sugar, but you may need to experiment. It was either 1/2 c or 1 c... better to start with 1/2 c and add sugar to taste :)

There were farm market stands plastered all along West Michigan, so I figure these people know a thing or two to do with fresh produce.

I picked up about 3lbs of fresh asparagus while we were there. They swear it's the best asparagus ever... I'll let you know if I come up with any exciting ways to prepare it.

1 comment:

houseofeling said...

...and did I tell ya I'm gonna make this probably on saturday....